Saturday, March 18, 2017

Why 2017 is the Best Year Ever for the Baritone Ukulele Player (PART I)

The last time I wrote about the best things for a Baritone Ukulele player was in 2011. Of course it has continually gotten better. And in this post I'd like to tell you all about it. I usually put the spotlight on musicians and other sites that you will find helpful. This time I will expound on the benefits of Humble Baritonics blog and encourage you to follow and perhaps even add to the quality of this site.

Just recently with the assistance of Roger Ruthen, Tom Nelson, and Ken Middleton -- HB, has been able to add a lot of content to the blog in the form of musical tablature. I have also reached out to others and encourage you to consider supporting in the form of your favorite charts or tabs.

So what does HB offer? First of all, there are other sites that offer quality music and links are provided to Doctor Uke, pdf-Minstrel, Red Bluff Uke Club (Bari Charts). These are found in the tabs at the top of the screen just below the banner. You will find hundreds of songs here. Doctor uke will challenge your fingers with a plethora of chord charts. In pdf-Minstrel, Roger Ruthen, provides many tablatures in a variety of genres and skill levels -- including Classical, Traditional, and Celtic among others. The Red Bluff tabs links to many modern songs with carefully charted arrangements. (Ukulele Bartt also has some Bari charts that available but not by direct link.)

I also have a page tab for DGBE Songs. This one has had the most hits and I must admit the list really needs to grow. This is a place where you may find that you have a few favorites that you would consider sharing with the bari community.

There is a page tab labelled "Books" where I try to keep a comprehensive list of every bari-specific book that has ever been published for the baritone ukulele. There has been a rapid increase in the amount of books being published for the BU. If you know of any others please let me know. I will keep the community updated.

I would also like to thank a man that likes to remain behind the scenes. His name is Ron Hale and I like to call him my DRM (Deep Research Man). He has an uncanny ability to find the best videos. I value his support. He lives in the Wine Country not so far from my home in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Another man that has consistently kept in touch is the Jazzy Uke man Glen Rose. He has made many videos for the Jazz player. He is a music teacher and musical historian. He once gave my mother and I front seat tickets to his multi-instrumental performances. His work is shown in the Tutorials page tab.

(to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment